To qualify for a Boiler Grant the applicant must first of all be a home owner. Private tenants and tenants in social housing do not qualify and neither do householders living in shared accommodation.
Secondly, the applicant (or someone permanently living with them) must receive one of the following qualifying benefits or allowances:
- Guaranteed Pension Credit (Savings Credit and ordinary State Pension do NOT qualify on their own).
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Allowance
- Child Benefit (Maximum household income thresholds apply)
- War Pensions Mobility Supplement (MOD)
- Constant Attendance Allowance (MOD)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (MOD
And finally, there is a broken gas boiler, oil boiler or LPG boiler installed in the property.
When we confirm Boiler Grant Leads we talk the applicant through all three of these qualifying criteria. Only when we are satisfied that they meet ECO3 qualifying criteria would we forward their details onto an installation company.
What’s more, if any Boiler Grant Leads forwarded by us don’t meet ECO3 criteria – for any reason – we will replace it.